Pages

Monday, January 26, 2009

Back from Blogging Hiatus...

I know it has been a long time since I last blogged.... In that time, apparently the world didn't pause itself to wait for me.

In Canada the word "prorogue" suddenly entered everyone's vocabumalary. Obama is in the White House, a historic and relatively positive development (since even if his politics are pretty centrist, he looks damn progressive next to the Bush & Co). The oscillating denial and alarmism about the impending recession has settled into a degree of acceptance.

As for me, I finished my MA, took a trip to Havana and am now back and working on setting up a new organic farm. Maybe I'll start a PhD in September (if they'll have me).

If I have any readers left, I hope you'll come on by from time to time for some chitchat, discussion and political wrangling

6 comments:

Zafrod said...

Glad to see you back, Ms. Jenny! Congrats on the MA, good luck with continuing endeavors, and happy to know I'll be getting more of your well-informed blogging in the meantime.

Scott Neigh said...

Welcome back Jenny! And three cheers for finishing the MA!!

Fantastic Forrest said...

I'm glad I discovered you, Red Jenny. Given your interest in films and politics, I'd like to invite you to neglect your blog for a few minutes and come visit mine.

For the past four days, I've been posting the films I'll be using in teaching a social justice class for adults. I'd welcome your comments and would really appreciate any suggestions for discussion questions, either on the films if you know of them, or on the broad issues.

I'm at http://halfirishrover.blogspot.com

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Cool. New posts.

Welcome back.

Red Jenny said...

Thanks all!

sooey said...

Welcome back, RedJenny. You are as inspiring as ever with your plans to start up an organic farm.