Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

In return for your feedback, there's a little something for you in this post

I know I haven't posted much lately, and nothing of substance for quite a while. This last push with work and school and 14 hour days has been wiping me out. As of Friday my schedule will be clearing up significantly and then I promise we will return to our regularly scheduled blog postings (probably more, actually).

Perhaps even a blog redesign. I'm tired of this template. So, here's me asking for your feedback. What kind of features would you like to see? Is my blog currently too cluttered, too plain? What kind of posts? More funny stuff, more commentary, more news, more photos, more videos? Or less of any of these? Any particular topics you'd like me to focus on? Let me know - I'm always interested in what you have to say!

In the meantime, here is your little something, as promised, courtesy of Deleted Images:
"The Junkyard of Art," resurrects digital photos that would have been erased from the hard drive of history. The photographers were shaky, or clicked the button accidentally, or were overzealous in an attempt to capture motion or night shots. But for some reason, the error-as-art conceit sort of works. Via <Neatorama>





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you've got a great mixture of things right now.

I completely understand wanting to change templates, I'm always tweaking mine.

My two cents on templates is I hate dark or weird backgrounds they make my eyes go funny.

Michael Holloway said...

I like plain white -- focus on the content.

I think the side bar should have a style that facilitates easy linking, not too cluttered, and images that link, rather than text.

Anonymous said...

It's all about the content. Don't worry about bells, whistles, and pictures, and graphics, and fancy layouts, and such.

I'm big on black text on a white background with as few images as possible to detract from that black text on a that white background :-)

Chris Benjamin said...

don't know why anyone would delete those in the first place. my question is, how do they recover them?

as for layout, i'm ambivalent. the content is great, that's what matters. as long as the font doesn't end up too small.

also, i know i'm just a newbie here but i like your blog so much i've assigned you a schmooze award for communally engaging writing, or something like that.