In his findings, Commissioner Sydney Linden faults the feds for expropriating disputed First Nations land, then failing to give it back as promised.G&M:
He faults the government of then-premier Mike Harris — and the premier himself — for impatience, uttering a racial slur and misleading the legislature.
But Judge Linden also concludes Mr. Harris did not direct police to enter the park on that fateful night against protesters he concludes were not armed.
Ipperwash report released
Update June 1 More details have come out. Here's some recommended reading:
- Ipperwash;First Nations Claims and Concerns Finally Validated on Engaged Spectator
- "Bomber" Harris said it from Shmohawk's Shmorg
- "I want the fucking Indians out of the park" on Dawg's Blawg
- Red Coat Friday… Little Lord Mike Harris on Harper Valley
- Action must follow Dudley George inquiry from Amnesty International
- Mike Harris and State Terrorism at Le Revue Gauche